Creativity and Visual Management: How to organize randomness and expand on successes
Contrary to what many people believe, Visual Management is not solely based on logic. In fact, at Texas Digital, we believe creativity is a key component in realizing a successful Visual Management solution. Why?
Four questions: off to a solid start!
In business processes, we often observe the following: organizations can predict the direction they wish to take for approximately 80 percent. Great, but it’s the other 20 percent that makes the difference. That’s where you can think out of the box and optimize the effectiveness of visualization. How to go about it? Start by answering these four questions:
- What goal do you want to achieve?
- How can you optimize your process with Visual Management?
- What information should you include and what data can you leave out?
- How can you visualize relevant information in such a way that it lands?
Visual Management: just like painting
The above questions demonstrate our point: Visual Management requires creativity. Now, be aware that the latter comes with uncertainty. Compare it with a painter: he can only create a unique, selling painting if he allows for some unpredictability first. This doesn’t mean he uses his brushes randomly to see what comes out. Every decision is a well thought-out one: even in simple-looking paintings, the artist has considered every detail and dab of color. This automatically means each painting is authentic.
The same goes for Visual Management – and there are more similarities with painting. In our view, creativity is a goal-oriented organization of randomness. To allow for the required amount of uncertainty, we always build mutual trust with our client, so we can approach implementation the right way. And rest assured that once we’re onto something, we seize the opportunity and expand on it!
Want to explore your Visual Management opportunities? Please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’d be happy to perform a Quick Scan and discuss your information sharing strategy.