How to develop an information sharing strategy that works

How to develop an information sharing strategy that works

When embarking on the Visual Management train, you need to determine the right information sharing strategy. If you randomly inundate employees with data, it’s a matter of time until they collapse under its weight. But how to decide which information you should and shouldn’t share? Here’s your rule of thumb: listen to those who know all about opportunities and challenges — people on the work floor.

Do you know what happens ‘above sea level?’

Did you know a mere 5% of all organizations put employees’ ideas into practice in a structural way? The other 95% choose not to benefit from their people’s expertise by telling them things like, “We’ve already tried that,” “Why don’t you submit a proposal,” or “That will never work.”

The latter are missing out on a lot. For an organization is like an iceberg: those at the C-level spend their days at the foundation and can’t see what happens up in the air. But those who spend the workweek balancing the tip of the iceberg — employees — can.

If you want to relieve pressure, identify cost leaks, future-proof your business, or increase turnover, you’ll need your staff’s input. For they know how things go in practice. They can give you a firsthand account of what does and doesn’t work. You can use that information to consolidate your iceberg’s foundation (under water) and improve products, services, and customer satisfaction (above sea level).

Let your employees help you empower them

To empower your employees with the right information, you’ll need to involve them in your Visual Management strategy. How? It doesn’t have to be complicated: ask the right questions and allow them to provide the answers. Just spend some time on the work floor listening. Once you’ve collected the data you require, you can decide how to present it in an appealing way — that’s what performance and communication boards are for!

Want to explore your Visual Management opportunities? Please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’d be happy to perform a Quick Scan and discuss your information sharing strategy.

Share this:
Translate »
Scroll to Top